A very warm welcome to the Key Stage One page.
Please find detailed below information regarding staff members working with your child and additional information about the teaching and learning that will take place within the summer term.
As well as your child’s class teacher, there will also be some other members of staff who may work with your child this year:
- Mrs Jackson (Rainbow)
- Miss Thorp (Moonlight)
- Mrs Elliott (Starlight)
- Teaching Assistants: Ms Kendall, Mrs McCrea, Miss McGlone, Mrs Kemp, Mrs Laws, Mrs Smith, Mr Martin, Mr Forster
We are all looking forward to an exciting year ahead. If there are any problems, please do not hesitate to contact us.
If you have any questions or queries regarding your child’s education or the school day, please contact your child’s pastoral class teacher in the first instance who will endeavour to answer your query as quickly as possible. Should you feel the need to take the matter further, please contact Mrs Holt.
Learning in Key Stage 1
The learning in Key Stage 1 is summarised in the links below
- Your child has received their home-reading book which will be read at least once a week with an adult in school and should also be read frequently at home.
- We will be assessing your child’s reading regularly and moving their reading stages accordingly. This will be based on your child’s fluency and their ability to answer comprehension questions on the text they are reading.
- The children will practise their reading skills within school in both their phonics lessons and whole class guided reading.
- Detailed below are the days for KS1 PE:
- Rainbow: Wednesday and Thursday
- Moonlight: Monday and Thursday
- Starlight: Wednesday and Thursday
- Please ensure your child comes to school wearing the correct PE uniform on their specified PE days.
- Long trousers and a school jumper/hoodie are to be worn for outdoor PE. Further detail regarding PE kit can be found on our website.
- Please label your child’s PE kit and their school uniform so items are not lost within school.
Upcoming Visits and visitors
- Commando Joes / NUFC
- Sculptures at Chester-le-Street Park
- Coronation Picnic
- Sponsored Toddle
- Sports Day
- Hedgehog Preservation Society assembly/workshop
- To keep updated on activities that we are doing, you can follow our Twitter Feed either on the side of this page or if you have a Twitter account by following us on @RedRoseKS1
- Our main school Twitter handle is @RedRosePrimary