In this fast-changing digital world it is hard to keep up with how best to support our young people to keep safe whilst online. There’s a lot of advice about online safety out there, some of it contradictory and much of it is years out-of-date.
The internet is now a major part of almost every aspect of daily life – and that’s just as true of family life as it is work or entertainment.
The attached article gives 5 key tips to help
- Building a child’s digital resilience will keep them safer than blocking or filtering
- Don’t limit the talk you have with your child to ‘the online safety conversation’
- Balance taking an interest in your child’s online activities with giving them the space to be independent
- Don’t be afraid to set boundaries
- Concentrate on how children use digital media rather than for how long
For more detail and support you can read the full article here