- Have regard to the SEND Code of Practice and provide strategic support to the head teacher.
- Publish information on the school’s website about the implementation of the governing body’s or the proprietor’s policy for pupils with SEND.
- Ensure that there is a qualified teacher designated as SENCO.
- Co-operate generally with the Local Authority including in developing the Local Offer and when the school is named in an EHC plan.
- Ensure that arrangements are in place to support pupils at school with medical conditions.
Publish information about the arrangements for the admission of disabled children, the steps taken to prevent disabled children being treated less favourably than others, the facilities provided to assist access of disabled children, and their accessibility plans.