CHAIR: To be elected at the beginning of each meeting
Terms of Reference:
- To act in accordance with the Teachers Pay Policy adopted by the Governing Body to include matters relating to: teaching and learning responsibility payments, SEN (Special Educational Needs) allowances, recruitment and retention payments, points for previous experience, bursaries, re-gradings.
- To review the pay policy for all categories of staff and to be responsible for its administration and review, including approving threshold payments and UPS movement.
- To report to the Finance Committee on Pay Review-related expenditure.
- To make any decisions under the personnel procedures adopted by the Governing Body, e.g. disciplinary, grievance, ill health etc., where the Headteacher is the subject of the action.
- To make any decisions relating to a member of staff (other than the Headteacher) under the Personnel procedures adopted by the Governing Body (after delegation to the Headteacher).
- To oversee the process leading to staff reductions.
Meetings: as and when necessary.
Disqualifications: The Headteacher; the Chair of Governors (if he/she has prior knowledge or involvement) Spouse/partner.