CHAIR: Mrs Julie Lumley
Terms of Reference:
- In conjunction with the Headteacher, to draft the first formal budget plan of the financial year, for approval by the full Governing Body.
- To establish and maintain an up-to-date 3-year financial plan.
- To monitor income and expenditure, including virement decisions, significant anomalies from the anticipated position, and report termly to the Governing Body.
- To ensure that the school operates within the financial regulations of the County Council and the requirements of the DfE Schools Financial Value Standards.
- To monitor expenditure of all voluntary funds kept on behalf of the Governing Body.
- To annually review the School Fund statements.
- To annually review charges and remissions policies and expenses policies.
- To make decisions in respect of service level agreements.
- To make decisions on expenditure, following recommendations from other committees, including whether sufficient funds are available for performance-related pay increments.
- To ensure that priorities in the School Improvement Plan are appropriately financed.
- Consider and promote income generation.
- To review policies as assigned by the governing body, and to report back to full governing body.
- To oversee tendering procedures.
- To advise the governing body on priorities for the maintenance, repair and development of the school buildings and grounds.
- To ensure, as far as is practical, that all Health & Safety issues are appropriately prioritised, any recommended actions undertaken, alongside completion of an annual risk assessment.
- To regularly review the Health and Safety policy.
- To oversee arrangements for repairs and maintenance.
- In consultation with the Headteacher, to oversee premises-related funding bids.
- To oversee arrangements, including Health and Safety, for the use of the school premises by outside users, subject to governing body policy.
- To establish and keep under review an Accessibility Plan.
- To consider the purchase and disposal of furniture and equipment.
Meetings: termly, or each half term, planned to coincide with Oracle.
Disqualifications: when there may be a conflict of interest; a fair hearing is required; or a pecuniary interest.