CHAIR: Mrs Helen Goulty-Brown
Terms of Reference:
- Set targets for achievement for EYFS, KS1 and KS2 and monitor the school’s performance against these targets.
- Monitor the quality of teaching and learning taking place, and the progress of pupils.
- Ensure each child is able to reach their potential through effective differentiation of curriculum.
- Monitor the achievement of disadvantaged groups and the impact of Pupil Premium and Sports premium funding.
- Contribute to the development and monitoring of the School Improvement Plan and the SEF.
- Ensure that every child receives the full statutory curriculum that the school must provide.
- Monitor provision of ICT and related website safety information.
- Ensure that a high-quality report on each pupil’s educational achievement is forwarded to their parents/guardians annually.
- Ensure the school has a curriculum policy that meets pupils’ needs and act as a critical friend for curriculum development.
- To oversee arrangements for individual governors to take a leading role in specific areas of provision through assigning a Link Governor for each curriculum area.
- To receive regular monitoring reports from Link Governors and report back on findings to the full governing body.
- In collaboration with the staff, monitor how the curriculum is taught, evaluated and resourced.
- To oversee arrangements for educational visits.
- To review policies assigned by the governing body, and report back to the full governing body.
Meetings: At least termly.